Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Appleton's Cafe - Lake Mary FL The Next Best Thing to Mom's Cooking!

Appleton's Cafe - Lake Mary FL The Next Best Thing to Mom's Cooking!
A few weeks ago I was traveling to Orlando and I took a slight detour East on Interstate 4.

Recently I was able to reconnect with an old friend of mine from high school.... who I hadn't seen in 30 years. We found each other on-line through a social network that I use to promote my business and it's also ggenerally a place where you can connect with old friends. It was interesting to see how we both look now and how we both ended up in FL after living in NY and being within a few minutes from each other.

Now after all these years we now live a few hundred miles from each other.



I found out through our recent conversations that my friend Tricia Rodriguez owns and operates a very successful restaurant called Appleton's Cafe located in Lake Mary -Orlando FL.







When we started to correspond with each other I had told her that I was planning on being in the Orlando area and wanted to know how far her restaurant was from my hotel. It turns out that it was only about 20-30 minutes East of where I was staying.
She was kind enough to invite me to stop by. I thought that this would be a great idea.... to kill two birds with one stone. First ....to see someone I went to high school with and the other..... to get a bite to eat and boy was I hungry. I thought it was amazing to see what we were both doing after not seeing each other for 30 years.





Please note that when I made my visit...the restaurant still had all of the Halloween Decorations up. They usually decorate for all major holidays.
Something that I didn't know was that Appleton's has actually been around for a long time. I believe Tricia told me that she first started out by working there under the last ownership and now it's 8 yrs later and she's still standing.....would you say that the cafe is a considered a success? I would.


I usually write about local eateries in my area but I thought that I would take this opportunity to help out an old friend by promoting her restaurant.
So I arrived at about 3 pm when they usually get ready to close and I'm usually not a very big eater for lunch but Tricia was kind enough to invite me and so I decided that I would try their fish and chips. The portion was tremendous and it was delicious. They make it from a special beer batter recipe and the fish was so light and flaky that it was hard to keep it on my fork.

Appleton's Cafe has a very large menu with all different types of dishes. From their Home Style Pot Roast...so tender and slow cooked in it's own juices with vegetables and chunks of potatoes.... to their wide variety of breakfast.... such as their famous Appleton's County Bowl...an open faced omelette with home fries,sausage or bacon...smothered with homemade sausage gravy and topped with cheddar cheese...served with toast. Now that's a meal fit for a king and queen!
So if you're ever in Lake Mary FL and you want to stop by....I'm sure the whole staff at Appleton's Cafe will welcome you with open arms....just make sure you're hungry!
Appleton's Cafe
"The Next Best Thing To Mom's Cooking!"
3575 W. Lake Mary Blvd.
Lake Mary FL 32746
(407) 323-7663
Open Tuesday - Sunday 7 am-3 pm
Catering Available -(386) 804 -0196
For more information please contact Neal The Real Deal Bloom-Realtor® /RE/MAX Premier Associates


2500 Weston Road ,Suite 103
Weston FL 33331
(954)608-5556
Nealb63@myacc.net
The Real Deal tells it Like it is in Real Estate-copyright © 2008-All rights reserved


No comments: